Archoil’s patented Potassium Nanoborate lubrication technology dramatically reduces operating friction protecting equipment from wear, extending operating life, and reducing energy consumption.
Boron lubrication technology was initially developed at the Argonne National Laboratory for the US Dept. of Energy. Representing a ground-breaking advance in lubrication technology, boron was demonstrated to greatly enhance lubricity and protection through the formation of a nearly frictionless solid boundary layer.
Since 1990, when Dr. Ali Erdemir discovered that boron was the one of the lowest coefficient of friction element, tribologists have recognized the tremendous advancement boron lubricants represented. Initial efforts to commercialize boron lubricants were hampered by large boric acid particle sizes.
Archoil’s revolutionary new potassium nanoborate formulation represents the second generation in boron tribology and another huge leap forward in lubrication with its unique ability to reduce boron size down to the more efficient ‘nano’ level and deliver it in a naturally occurring fatty acid ester matrix carrier. AR9100’s proprietary ester carrier is specially formulated to facilitate the migration of the protective boron nanoparticles to surface metal.
AR9100’s surface friction coefficient tests at 0.037. It is dramatically more lubricious than traditional lubrication oils and is capable of bearing loads many times that of other solid boundary lubricants.
FEATURES / BENEFITS
- Reduces surface friction by 60-80%
- Reduces operating energy requirements thus increasing fuel efficiency
- Reduces exhaust emissions
- Increases horsepower and torque
- Reduces wear by up to 90%
- Minimizes fluid oxidation and extends the oil drain cycle
- Reduces operating temperatures by up to 40%
- Cleans out pre-existing carbon and varnish build up
- Inhibits surface corrosion
- Extreme Pressure agent – absorbs shock loads of up to 4000 lbs
- Readily biodegradable (85% degradable in 28 days) and non-toxic
SUMMARY OF TEST RESULTS
Falex Pin & Vee Test ASTM D-3233
(3.5% in 100 neutral mineral oil)
COF: 0.037 (coefficient of friction)
For engine oil treat at a ratio of 28.5:1 (250ml bottle will treat up to 7 litres of engine oil)
For transmission oil treat at a ratio of 10:1 (250ml bottle will treat up to 2.85 litres of gear oil)
For hydraulic oil treat at a ratio of 10:1
Add to lubricating oil at the correct ratio and use vehicle / equipment normally.